The SCC Career Center offers all students with both in-person services and online tools to explore careers, identify academic pathways to achieve their goals, and become successfully employed contributors to the regional community and economy.Our professional career counselor will help you identify goals, develop a plan to gain experience and work-ready skills, build a resume, write letters of application, and practice interviewing. Our online tools will help you define your interests, research careers, practice skills and look for jobs.
Whether you are new to SCC or about to transfer or graduate, the Career Center is here to help. Take advantage of our many events and services, most of which are free and tailored to your needs:
- The SCC Job Board (full and part-time jobs posted for the region and beyond).
- Resume and cover letter critiquing.
- Career counseling and career decision-making guidance.
- Career Seminars and Job Fair.
- Practice interviewing and sharpen your skills using The Perfect Interview.
- Career Coach is an online, interactive tool that combines self-assessment, major and career exploration, extensive data about real jobs, and even job listings.
- Use Google Hangouts to meet online with a career counselor to discuss any of these services or tasks!