First, attend workshops and seminars to gain knowledge and skills.Each semester, there will be opportunities to learn about important career topics. These range from dining etiquette to resume writing - you can even practice your skills in mock interviews. Take advantage of these resources that will give an edge in job search preparation.
- Write and build a resume, and then ask for a critique in the Career Center. Don't let a poorly constructed resume with grammatical errors derail your job search. View a resume-writing tutorial under ONLINE PRESENTATIONS.
- Develop your 30-second commercial to introduce yourself to potential employers.
- Learn about networking, telephone interviews, and other job-related information.
- Participate in mock interview opportunities and use the Perfect Interview.
- RESUME SAMPLES AND RESOURCES:
- OTHER RESOURCES:
- Attend the SCC Spring Job Fair to meet employers, and keep checking the SCC Job Board for current job listings, and don't hesitate to call the Career Center at 828-339-4212 for more information.