E-Learning Frequently Asked Questions for Students
When will I be able to see my courses?
· I registered during the registration period - your courses will be available on the first day of class.
· I added a course during drop/add - your course will be available at 5:00 PM.
When will my course disappear in Blackboard?
· I dropped a course during drop/add - your course will disappear at 5:00 PM.
· I withdrew from a course - your course will disappear after your instructor submits the required information to the Registrar's Office.
I do not see my course in Blackboard. What should I do?
· If you just added the course during drop/add, wait until 5:00 PM before accessing Blackboard.
· If your course does not appear after 5:00 PM, contact your advisor.
I cannot login to Blackboard.
· I keep receiving the message, “Could not login. Valid authentication credentials were not provided.” Who should I contact? Your account is locked. Contact the Computer Center Helpdesk 828-339-4409, 800-447-4091, ext. 4409.82
· I keep receiving the message, “The credentials you provided cannot be determined to be authentic.” Who should I contact? Your username and/or password are incorrect. Your username is the first letter of your first name, first four letters of your last name, and the last four digits of your Colleague ID number (example: mmous1234). Your password is your birth date (mmddyy) (example: 010292). If you changed your password, contact the Computer Center Helpdesk 828-339-4409, 800-447-4091, ext. 4409.82
When I login to Blackboard, I see a BLACKBOARD TRAINING course.
· I did not register for this course. This is a free online training course that will help orient you to Blackboard. Please participate in this training. It will disappear two weeks into the semester.
· I have already participated in this training. You do not have to participate in the training a second time unless you feel you need it. It will disappear two weeks into the semester.
Submit a help ticket to E-Learning