Withdrawal Procedures

To withdraw from a course(s) or the college, a student should contact his advisor and initiate the “Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form”. This form must be signed by the advisor and the appropriate instructor(s) and returned to the Registrar’s Office. If a student withdraws by the official withdrawal date for the semester (published in the academic calendar), the grade received will be a “W.”

If a student withdraws from ALL courses, he must follow the steps outlined above, in addition to meeting with an Enrollment Counselor located in Student Services for an exit interview.

If a student seeks to withdraw from a course(s) after the official withdrawal date, this may be granted under extenuating circumstances such as serious illness or job transfer and will be considered on an individual basis by the instructor. It is the student’s responsibility to provide compelling documentation for this request and to attach the documentation to the withdrawal form. The withdrawal form requires the signature of the advisor, appropriate instructor(s), and the dean and then is processed in the Registrar’s Office.

It is the responsibility of the student to initiate the withdrawal process. If a student stops attending class and does not complete an official withdrawal, the student’s final grade will be an “F.” An exception will be made for Developmental Education coursework.

The “W” will not influence the quality point ratio for the semester. However, withdrawing from courses could affect a student’s eligibility for financial aid. Students who receive financial aid should always consult the financial aid officer before withdrawing from a course.