In keeping with the Vision, Mission, and Goals of Southwestern Community College, it is the mission of Disability Services to remove barriers and ensure equal access for all students with disabilities.
In support of this mission, the goals of Disability Services are to:
- Serve as advocate for students with disabilities while promoting independence, self-determination, and personal responsibility.
- Coordinate and provide accommodations and related support services to students with disabilities.
- Assist the College in complying with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Provide training and support for faculty, staff, and administration regarding the needs of students with disabilities.
- Provide consultation, information, and outreach to public school personnel, rehabilitation professionals, parents, and prospective students regarding services for students with disabilities.
- Assist in transition and career services for students with disabilities.
- Foster awareness and understanding campus-wide of the impact of disabilities on individuals.