Welcome!Here you will find information about upcoming face-to-face Blackboard Training for students, Blackboard Tutorials, What's New in Blackboard, and computer and browser requirements for using Blackboard.
Please note: If you are a student NEW to SCC, you will not be able to log in until the first day of the semester at 8 a.m.
- Face-to-Face Trainings: We do not currently have any planned Student Blackboard Group Trainings on the calendar for the remainder of the Spring 2015 semester. To make an appointment for one-on-one training (or to arrange for small group training), please fill out the Student Training Request Form. We look forward to hearing from you and will respond as soon as possible to your request.
- Online Training (Self-Paced): When you log in to Blackboard, you will see a course entitled Blackboard Training on the right hand side of your screen. You will not receive a grade for this course; it is for training purposes only. If you feel that you need additional help, please check out the tutorials below. You can also attend a hands-on training session on campus (see above), or you may fill out this Student Training Request Form to request training.
Click above for information about what changed in Blackboard when we updated in December 2014.
Downloads & Plug-InsYou may need some of the following free programs and/or plug-ins to use Blackboard, depending on your instructor's requirements.
- Microsoft Office 365 (Free for SCC Students!)
- Adobe Reader (download)
- Flash (download)
- Java (download)
- QuickTime (download)
- Free Blackboard Mobile Learn iTunes app (Requires a $1.99 fee to access courses)
- Free Blackboard Mobile Learn Android app (Requires a $1.99 fee to access courses)
- Withdraw from an Online Course
- Blackboard Help for Students (from Blackboard.com)
- Blackboard Accessibility Statement
- Blackboard Privacy Overview & Blackboard Privacy Statement
Questions? Please submit a Help Ticket to SCC E-Learning
(under "Select Type of Help," choose "Blackboard Assistance")