You must complete the FAFSA and your Student Aid Report (SAR) must be completely processed by the SCC Financial Aid Office (you may be required to submit other requested documentation).
Step 2 - Complete a Work-Study Application
Download the Work Study Application.
Note: Completing the work-study application does not guarantee a position in the work-study program. Positions are limited. Visit our SCC Job Board for information on our available positions.
Step 3- Submit Your Work-Study Application
Applications can be dropped off at the Financial Aid Office, or submitted to financialaid[at]southwesterncc[dot]edu.
Student Eligibility Requirements
To receive aid from any of the federal and state student aid programs at SCC, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have financial need, except for some loans (Direct Stafford Loans) -Financial need is documented through the submission of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the receipt of a valid Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Have a high school/adult high school diploma or a GED Certificate
- Be accepted for enrollment in an eligible program at SCC and working toward a degree/certificate/diploma
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Meet and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress standards set by SCC
- Is not in default on a federal student loan
- Does not owe money on a federal student grant
- Meet Selective Service requirement as specified by federal regulations
- Meet federal eligibility requirements regarding drug-related convictions
- Not receive financial aid at two schools during the same semester
- Meet minimum enrollment (credit hour) levels as specified for each aid program