Description and Benefits
The Honors Program at Southwestern Community College is designed to:
- Encourage high achieving and highly motivated students to purposefully engage in coursework, by enriching and expanding the expectations of the traditional college course.
- Intentionally focus on academic excellence including critical thinking, communication skills, and academic inquiry.
- Emphasize development of skills in writing, research and/or advanced project development.
- Engage students and faculty across all disciplines.
- Encourage and support Honors students in leadership and service to the college and the community.
- Honors designation on transcripts and degree/diploma
- Special recognition at graduation and honors medallion
- Enhanced transfer opportunities
- Invitation to honors luncheon/forum with SCC Leadership
- Leadership and mentoring opportunities
- Direct link to Senior Institution Honor Colleges (SCC honor credits transfer to many institutions)