The mission of the Learning Assistance Center is to foster the development of critical skills in all academic endeavors and to help create attitudes that will promote lifelong success.
We offer one-on-one assistance. All of our staff members can assist you with general academic help such as test prep, research, basic math, Internet use, essay revision, textbook reading, computer issues, homework, etc., but each Learning Consultant also has a specialty area. We are all ready to help - just ask!
Need to write an essay? No worries, just bring your ideas and come on...we can help!
The LAC is closed during fall and spring breaks as well as between semesters and on holidays.
Creating Learning Opportunities
At the LAC we offer assistance in the following areas:
- Writing, Editing and Documenting Papers
- Accessing MySCC
- Basic & Advanced Computer Problems
- Studying, Taking Tests, Homework Assignments
- Basic and Advanced Math
- Jackson Campus LAC, Located in Oaks Hall, Room 101 - Phone: 828.339.4325 or 800.447.4091 ext. 4325
- Macon Campus LAC Opening Hours, Located in Cecil Groves Center, Room 230 - Phone 828.306.7028 or 800.447.4091. ext. 7028
Need Our Help?