Macon Campus Procedure for SCC Library Cards
1. Go to the Business Office and request SCC Photo ID card. The Library barcode is on the back.
2. Call the SCC Library at 800.447.4091, ext. 4268 or 4269. Tell the library staff you need to sign up for a library user account.
3. Over the phone, library staff will fill in a Library Card Application Form for you and create your user account in the CCLINC Library Catalog system.
4. ONLY after your Library barcode is registered as a user account can you check out materials or place holds on items from other community college libraries.
5. To make changes or update your account, contact the library staff by phone or e-mail.
Macon Campus Procedure for Library Book Holds:
1. Call or e-mail the SCC Library to borrow items owned by the Holt Library on SCC Jackson Campus. The library staff will check out your materials and send them by courier to the Reception Desk at Macon Campus. You can pick them up there. Library items should be returned to the Macon Campus Reception Desk by the due date, to be returned by courier to the SCC Library.
2. Any user whose SCC student/faculty ID card has been registered for a CCLINC user account is eligible to “place a hold” and borrow any item in the 46 community college libraries that comprise the CCLINC Library Catalog.
3. See the SCC Library homepage (or contact a librarian) to learn how to place a hold on books in other community colleges; these books will be mailed to the SCC Library for checkout. Instructions are in the Interlibrary Loan section in the Library Instruction & Services Guide.
Macon Campus Faculty Procedure for Library Reserves:
1. Faculty member locates book or audiovisual material in SCC Library collection by searching CCLINC Library Catalog.
2. Faculty member checks out the item(s) from the SCC Jackson Campus Library and brings item to Macon Co. Public Library staff at Circulation Desk, to be placed on Reserve under SCC faculty name.
3. Public Library staff place materials in designated “SCC Reserve” shelf area and assist students in accessing them.
4. Students may access these materials ONLY in the library. NO checkouts for Reserve materials.
5. Faculty member is responsible for the safe and timely return of all Reserve materials checked out in their name, keeping in mind that other classes also need access to library materials.