(Formally known as HOBET Exam)
Applicants seeking admission into the following selective admission Health Science programs must take the TEAS Allied Health Exam:
- Physical Therapist Assistant – Deadline: Feb. 15, 2015
- Radiography – Deadline: March 1, 2015
- Respiratory Therapy – Deadline: March 1, 2015
- Emergency Medical Science – Deadline: March 31, 2015
- Medical Sonography – Deadline: March 15, 2015
- Occupational Therapy Assistant – Deadline: March 15, 2015
- Medical Assisting – Deadline: April 1, 2015
The TEAS Allied Health Exam measures a student’s ability in Reading, Mathematics, Science and English and Language Usage. The adjusted individual total score will be used as one component in the highly competitive health science selection process. This score will range from 0% to 100%. Health Science programs use this score differently based on specific program selection criteria. (See your Health Science advisor for details.)
You may test once per academic year (defined as August 1 through July 31). Scores will be considered valid for a term of three years from the date of the exam.
If you do not show for an exam, then you will have to re-pay to register for another exam. If you need to reschedule an exam, you will need to contact ATI Allied Health directly.
How to Register
Please use the following instructions to register for the TEAS Allied Health Exam (Registration currently not available at this time):
- Go to: https://www.atitesting.com
- Click: Create an Account (located on the top right of webpage)
- Complete Registration Process
- Select Southwestern CC NC as your institution
- Select: I want to register to take TEAS through ATI at an institution
- Registration Page:
- Select Program Type - Here the student selects Nursing for the TEAS V or Allied Health for the Allied Health Programs
- Select: Country (USA)
- Select: State (NC)
- Select: City (Sylva or Franklin)
- Select: Date and Time of Desired Exam (Click Register)
- Complete Checkout Process - Non-Refundable Fee of $50.00 for TEAS V and $45 for TEAS Allied Health. (Note: Cost will be going to $56 for either exam next year)
Please save your exam date, time and account login information.
Study Guide / Practice Test
It is highly recommended that you purchase a study guide for the exam from either ATI Testing or the SCC bookstore. Here is a link to the recommended study guide and or practice test:
ATI Testing Contact Info:
Email to: email@example.com
Please contact the Testing Center if you have any questions regarding the TEAS Allied Health Exam.