Student Responsibilities (Any questions? Please talk with the Tutor Program Coordinator)
By signing below, you agree to:
- Attend class regularly. Participate in class, read assignments, take notes, and strive for a positive relationship with the instructor and your tutor. Attend scheduled tutor sessions; be on time.
- Attend scheduled tutor sessions—be on time.
- Notify your tutor at least 2 hours in advance if a session will be missed. NOTE: 24-hour notice is preferred if you know you have a conflicting appointment.
- Provide your tutor with a course syllabus. Your tutor will make a copy.
- Be prepared for every tutor session. Bring books, notes, questions, and homework—completed as much as possible. Understand your tutor will not DO your work for you.
- Show respect for your tutor, and expect the same in return.
- Communicate with the Tutor Program Coordinator about your tutoring sessions. Report any problems/concerns.
- Contact the Tutor Program Coordinator and your tutor immediately under the following circumstances:
- Withdrawal from the tutored course
- Decision to stop tutor sessions for the semester.
- Complete an online Tutor Program Evaluation at the end of the semester. A notice will be sent to your SCC email.
- Your tutor is encouraged to contact your instructor(s) regarding your class attendance, progress, or any other issue related to your potential success in this course.
You will lose this form of tutoring during the semester if you exceed the following absences:
- Two (2) unexcused absences; Unexcused absences cannot be rescheduled and include:
1. Not showing up
2. Arriving more than 15 minutes late
3. Cancelling less than 2 hours before session
Tutor Program Coordinator:
828.339.4231 or 800.447.4091, ext 4231