Southwestern Community College will be an educational gateway for enriching lives and strengthening our community.
Southwestern Community College is a learning and teaching institution offering high-quality, innovative instruction and support, which promotes student achievement, academic excellence and economic development.
SCC accomplishes its mission through customer focus, continuous improvement and teamwork:
- to awaken the potential of each student, offering multiple pathways for learning what is important to know and to do — giving coherence and meaning to the total educational experience
- to aggressively pursue the most current technologies while maintaining a nurturing atmosphere which appreciates the value of every individual
- to be a catalyst for community service — removing barriers, creating linkages, building relationships and integrating resources to enhance the quality of life
- to be a leader in economic development and a mindful steward of the natural and cultural resources of the area
- to prepare citizens to live, learn and work in a diverse global village
- Provide excellence in learning and teaching for transfer, career education and literacy development in an accessible format.
- Provide comprehensive and effective services to enroll students and support their success.
- Strengthen student understanding of career pathways leading to success in career and academic planning.
- Generate support for students, faculty, staff and programs from internal and external sources.
- Enhance SCC's positive image throughout - and beyond- our service area.
- Provide engaged leadership in workforce and economic development.
- Identify, acquire and maintain resources to support the vision, mission and goals of the college.
- Attract and retain quality employees and provide for their professional development.
- Provide the services, programs and infrastructure to ensure a safe and secure learning environment.
You can find out more about our institution by checking out the links on this page!