Skip to main content

Undocumented Students

Undocumented Alien Students

The following policy statement is in effect as of August 1, 2011 as mandated by the NC law.

  • An undocumented alien who is a high school student attending a North Carolina high school may enroll in college level courses consistent with state college access policies.
  • An undocumented alien who graduated from a U.S. high school may enroll in curriculum classes provided that the student:

1. Take the placement test.
2. Register on the last day of registration.
3. Pay out-of-state tuition.

The student is not eligible to enroll in programs that lead to state licensure or requires a state driver’s license.  Licensure requires the student be a resident. 
A GED is not accepted for admission to a degree program.

  • An undocumented alien may enroll in non-college level courses or programs including Adult Basic Education, Adult High School, English as a Second Language and other continuing education courses less than college level.

For more information or clarification concerning this new policy, please contact the Dean of Students at 828.339.4245 or Registrar at 828.339.4406.

How to Submit International Transcripts

For help with the accessibility of this website, please use this form.