College Vision, Mission and Goals
VisionSouthwestern Community College will be an educational gateway for enriching lives and strengthening our community.
Mission StatementSouthwestern Community College is a learning and teaching institution offering high-quality, innovative instruction and support, which promotes student achievement, academic excellence and economic development.
Institutional GoalsThe College Will...
- Provide excellence in learning and teaching for transfer and career education, literacy development, business and industry training and lifelong learning in an accessible format (including face to face, blended, and distance learning).
- Maintain a nurturing learning environment by providing comprehensive support and intervention services for every individual.
- Identify, acquire and maintain college resources to support the vision, mission and goals of the college.
- Attract and retain quality employees and provide for their professional development.
- Foster cooperative community-based relationships which contribute to the cultural, economic, and educational advancement of the region.
- Assess institutional effectiveness as part of the planning and renewal process based on continuous improvement principles.
- Prepare citizens to live, learn and work in a diverse global village.
- Increase community awareness of college programs and services.