The institutional goals as expressed in our college's mission statement are listed as follows:
- Provide excellence in learning and teaching for transfer, career education and literacy development in an accessible format.
- Provide comprehensive and effective services to enroll students and support their success.
- Strengthen student understanding of career pathways leading to success in career and academic planning.
- Generate support for students, faculty, staff and programs from internal and external sources.
- Enhance SCC's positive image throughout - and beyond - our service area.
- Provide engaged leadership in workforce and economic development.
- Identify, acquire and maintain college resources to support the vision, mission and goals of the college.
- Attract and retain quality employees and provide for their professional development.
- Provide the services, programs and infrastructure to ensure a safe and secure learning environment.
We place the utmost value on teaching and service excellence. Along with our students, our employees have made our community college what it is today; the best community college in the country.