Getting started at SCC is easy...
File the FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- The first step to receive federal grants, state grants, loans, work-study, and most scholarships is to file the FAFSA. You only need to submit the FAFSA once per academic year.
- Complete a FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and be sure to use the IRS Data Retrieval for all eligible tax filers, if available.
- The FAFSA opens up on October 1 for the following year's Fall semester. SCC's priority deadline is May 1 preceding the next school year.
- SCC's Federal School Code is 008466
Apply to an eligible program of study at SCC
- The Financial Aid Office cannot view your FAFSA results until and admissions application is on file with the college.
- A list of all programs eligible for financial aid can be found here: Programs of Study Eligible for Financial Aid
Send Requested Documents to the SCC Financial Aid Office
- The Department of Education may select you for verification. Click here to learn more about verification.
- Read SCC email from Financial Aid Office, or from mySCC go to your Self-Service Financial Aid Home page to view your Checklist of missing items.
- Complete and submit any requested documents to the SCC Financial Aid Office.
(For further information, check out the links at the left)