Skip to main content

SCC fax numbers:
Main fax number - 828.339.4613
Registrar's Office fax - 828.339.4444

To download any of these forms for printing in pdf format you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download it for free by clicking on the link below. (The software must be installed before downloading.) As noted below, some forms may only be obtained from your advisor, the division office, or the Registrar's Office.

If you do not wish to install Adobe Acrobat reader, you may pick up any of these forms from our Admissions office located on the Jackson Campus, Balsam Center, first floor.

Academic Forgiveness

Any student who meets the policy criteria may submit, in writing to the Executive Vice President for Instruction and Student Services, a request for academic forgiveness. See the Academic Forgiveness policy.

Activity Release for Off-Campus 

This form is to be used for students over the age of 18 who participate in SCC field trips.

This form is to be forwarded to the dean/director and the vice president for approval along with the Off Campus Activity Release form which must be completed by the instructor for each trip. The executive vice president is to forward all completed forms to the Vice President for Financial and Administrative Services.

Activity Release for Students Under 18

This form is to be used for students under the age of 18 who participate in SCC field trips.]


This paper registration form is only required if students are registering after the start of classes. Students are not registered until they pay all fees.

If a student is not on the class roll, but has been attending class, have that student see your supervisor or the Registrar.

(Must have advisor or division Dean signature.) 

Add / Drop / Withdrawal form (may only be obtained from the Registrar's Office or from your advisor)

This paper form is only required if students are dropping/adding/withdrawing after the start of classes.

The student is responsible for initiating this form with her/his advisor and for completing the process.

During the drop/add period, complete drop/adds in the same Colleague RGN session to avoid additional charges to the student. 

ADD/DROP/WITHDRAW - The student must 1. Provide all of the information requested on this form. 2. Obtain the appropriate signatures, and 3. Take the form to the Registrar's Office (Balsam) to complete the process. Required Signatures: If adding after drop/add period or withdrawing after the withdrawal period, Dean's or Director's signature required. If adding after 10% point of semester, Executive Vice President for Instruction and Student Services signature required.

WITHDRAWAL FROM ALL COURSES for ALL STUDENTS - 2 Steps: 1. Student meets with advisor and completes this form. Required: Advisor signature, last date of attendance and Instructor Initials for each class. 2. Student submits the form to the Registrar's Office for final processing.

FINANCIAL AID NOTICE - Withdrawal from classes can result in you having to repay financial aid funds, or jeopardize your future financial aid. See the Financial Aid Office to review your status before finalizing ths form.

The Last Date to ADD, DROP, or WITHDRAW for a term is in the Academic Calendar.

Change of Program
Always consult with your advisor before making changes to your academic program(s).

• To graduate from a program at the end of the current term, you must be actively enrolled in that program.

• After a term begins, ALL program changes for that term MUST be submitted by the end of that term’s
schedule adjustment period (also known as the drop/add period).

• Current-term program changes cannot be processed after the schedule adjustment period.
All program changes submitted after the schedule adjustment period will take effect the following term.

Course Substitution

When it is determined to be in the best interest of the student's declared educational objective, appropriate courses may be substituted for other course for graduation purposes. Necessary course substitution within the major field require the approval of the student's program coordinator or advisor. Division Dean's signature is required for final approval. The Dean will submit the form to the Registrar's Office for processing.

Change of Grade (by Instructor)

If an instructor wishes to change a grade, a "Change of Grade" form should be initiated by the instructor of the course and submitted to the Division Dean for final approval. The Dean will submit the form to the Registrar's Office for processing. An email will be sent to notify the student the grade has been changed. Forms are available in the division office.

An "I" grade indicates that a student has been doing acceptable work in the course but has not completed all required work. It is the student's responsibility to have this deficiency removed during the first two weeks of the following semester or the grade will automatically be changed to an "F". A Change of Grade form is used in this instance.

Conditional Registration Form

The purpose of the conditional registration form is to provide registration access for students to register for classes and secure a semester schedule while awaiting official prerequisite documentation to be received by Southwestern Community College. 

Academic Grievance

The purpose of the Student Grievance Procedure for Academic Matters is to channel student complaints about grades, methods of instruction, and/or classroom policies or procedures.

Application for Commencement

It is the student's responsibility to complete the application steps as follows:

  1. For each major, obtain an Application for Commencement from the Registrar's Office or an academic advisor. You can also fill out and print the online form linked here.
  2. Complete the Candidates section of the application.
  3. Take the application to your advisor.
  4. Visit the Herff Jones website to order graduation kit (cap, gown & tassel). See step 7 below for further information.
  5. Submit application to the Registrar's office for final approval prior to the announced deadline. The student may do this if appropriate signatures are obtained.
  6. All applicants must have completed all requirements by the end of the semester applied for if they plan to participate in Commencement Ceremony.
  7. More info about the Commencement Application

Instructional Time Make-up

Any class time missed will be made up/covered by one or a combination of methods. This form should be completed as soon as possible upon return to class. This process will be in effect anytime an instructor misses a class. Examples would be sickness, away for conferences, adverse weather, other emergencies, etc. The completed form should be submitted to the appropriate Dean.

Learning Assistance Center Referral forms 

  1. Students may use the online self-referral form
  2. For Faculty: If you are an instructor and would like to refer a student to the SCC Learning Assistance Center, print the referral form, sign it, give a copy to the student, and send a copy to Toni Knott in the Learning Assistance Center. click here for the form.

Request for High School, GED & College Records

This form is used by students who have an Application for Admission to SCC already on file. Students should complete this form, and forward to the appropriate high school counselor or college registrar.

Request to Waive a Prerequisite

A waiver of any prerequisite or corequisite must be based on more than an opinion or a conversation with the student. Appropriate documentation to support any acceptable waiver must be with this request and kept on file in the Registrar’s Office. An approved Request to Waive a Prerequisite/Corequisite form must be completed before the student registers for the course.

Transcript Release

A current or former student may secure a transcript of his grades by completing a Transcript Release Form and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office. In compliance with the Privacy Act, student transcripts will not be released to a third party without the signature of the student. > more about obtaining a transcript

Course Credit/Advanced Placement for Licensure and Certification

A student who has completed training and passed a national or state registry examination for licensure, certification or equivalent may be eligible to earn/complete a certificate, diploma or Associate of Applied Science Degree. 

Note: A copy of the certification must accompany this form.

Course Credit By Exam

Students may earn course credit by examination in selected courses identified by program coordinators or department chairs. The applicable testing fee ($25.00 per course) will apply and successful completion of the exam will result in an S grade for the course. Credit by examination may be earned prior to enrolling in a course or up to the 10% point if a student is enrolled in the course. 

FERPA Release and Restriction Form

If you are using assistive technology and cannot access this information, please contact the webmaster to request an alternative format.