- A Gateway for enriching lives and broadening horizons
- A Guiding Force in growing and caring for our mountain community
- A Creative Partner in collaborative solutions
Southwestern Community College is a comprehensive learning and teaching institution offering high quality innovative instruction and support to all who need and value these services. Seamless links with the community, advanced technology and a culturally rich environment promote student achievement and academic excellence.
Southwestern Community College accomplishes its mission through customer focus, continuous improvement and teamwork:
- to awaken the potential of each student, offering multiple pathways for learning what is important to know and to do — giving coherence and meaning to the total educational experience
- to aggressively pursue the most current technologies while maintaining a nurturing atmosphere which appreciates the value of every individual
- to be a catalyst for community service — removing barriers, creating linkages, building relationships and integrating resources to enhance the quality of life
- to be a leader in economic development and a mindful steward of the natural and cultural resources of the area
- to prepare citizens to live, learn and work in a diverse global village
As defined in our institutional goals Southwestern Community College will:
- Seek excellence in learning and teaching for transfer, vocational and technical education, literacy development, business and industry training and life long learning in an accessible format to serve a diverse population.
- Maintain a nurturing learning environment by providing comprehensive support and intervention services for every individual.
- Proactively identify, acquire and maintain college resources to support the vision, mission, and goals of the college.
- Attract and retain quality employees and provide for their personal and intellectual growth.
- Develop cooperative community-based relationships which contribute to the cultural, economic, educational, and social betterment of the region.
- Assess institutional effectiveness as part of the planning and renewal process based on continuous improvement principles.
- Effectively promote the college to the community.
You can find out more about our institution by checking out the links on this page!