Law Enforcement In-Service Training
IN-SERVICE Training Requirements from the NC Criminal Justice and Sheriffs' Education and Training Standards Commission: The In-service NC law enforcement officer training requirements, as outlined in the NC Administrative Code, requires that every police officer certified by the NC Criminal Justice and Training Standards Commission and deputy sheriff certified by NC Sheriff Education and Training Standards Commission complete 24-hours of in-service training annually. The topics for this requirement are outlined in the Code and include but are not limited to the classes listed below for 2015. SCC will work with all agencies to meet these training requirements in traditional seat-based class or online delivery. Please call Mark Welch at the PSTC, 828.306.7052 for additional information:
NEW ONLINE FOR 2017: Detention Officer In-service Training
- Check web site for Begin dates for 2017 Detention training.
- For a complete list of classes being offered and additional information contact Mark Welch at 828-306-7052 or w_welch[at]southwesterncc[dot]edu
Law Enforcement In-service Training classes being offered in 2016 online & seat base:
|Mandated LEO In-Service Training Topics for 2016|
|2017 Firearms Training & Qualification (Not available online)||6 hrs|
|2017 Firearms Classroom (Available online)||2 hrs|
|2017 Firearms Qualification Range (Not available online)||4 hrs|
|2017 Legal Update||4 hrs|
|2017 Positively Impacting Today’s Youth||2 hrs|
|2017 DV: Protecting Victims of Domestic Violence||4 hrs|
|2017 Improving Decision-Making Skills||4 hrs|
|Optional LEO In-Service Topics 2015|
|2017 Bloodborne Pathogens||2 hrs|
|2017 HazMat||2 hrs|
|2017 LE Intelligence Update||2 hrs|
|Protecting our Officers: Suicide Prevention for Law Enforcement||2 hrs|
|Narcotics Identification for Patrol Officers||2 hrs|
2017 ONLINE Instructions:
- Register for Class you wish to take following directions in the Registration Instructions section below.
- Classes always start on Monday - March - November
- All dates for registration, class posting and closing of class can be found below.
- Complete list of 2017 Class schedules Click Here
- You will receive an email the week prior to the start of the class with instructions on how to login to your class and changes for 2017 (READ THIS CAREFULLY & FULLY). If you do not receive this email by Friday prior to the start date of class then please contact pbell[at]southwesterncc[dot]edu with email so that your email can be verified.
- Class will open on Monday morning.
- You must login and take a Baseline Assessment on each class you registered for by 11:55 p.m. on the Wednesday following the opening of the class.
- You will then have until the close of class to complete your work.
- Discussion question posting will close 2 days prior to the end of class (NEW 2017)
- All Password changes for the online system must be requested by email to: pstconline[at]southwesterncc[dot]edu
2017 "NEW" Online Class Registration Instructions:
Below is the links to each months form. You will need to click on the month that you wish to take classes - fill out the form - make sure you click on the agree check box at the bottom - submit.
Once you have submitted you will get a pop up that tells you it has been submitted. You will receive an email from pbell the week prior to class start with login information. Please take that week to make sure you can login. If you have issues please contact Pam Bell that week to help resolve the issue of login. You will receive a second email on Monday once the classes are ready for you to begin. As stated above you must login and take the BASELINE assessment on EACH of the classes you have signed up for before 11:55 p.m.. on Wednesday following the start of class. Once these assessments are completed you will have to the end of class date to complete your class work. Please email pstconline[at]southwesterncc[dot]edu if you have issues.
Registration now open for 2017 classes:
|Click on MONTH below for REGISTRATION FORM||REGISTRATION DEADLINE||CLASS RUN DATES||BASELINE DUE DATE|
|MARCH||MARCH 1||MAR 6 - MAR 30||MARCH 8|
|APRIL||MARCH 29||APR 3 - APR 30||APRIL 5|
|MAY||APRIL 26||MAY 1 - MAY 31||MAY 3|
|JUNE||MAY 31||JUN 5 - JUN 29||JUNE 7|
|JULY||JULY 5||JUL 10 - JUL 31||JULY 12|
|AUGUST||AUGUST 2||AUG 7 - AUG 31||AUGUST 9|
|SEPTEMBER||SEPTEMBER 6||SEP 11 - SEP 30||SEPTEMBER 13|
|OCTOBER||SEPTEMBER 27||OCT 2 - OCT 31||OCTOBER 4|
|NOVEMBER||NOVEMBER 1||NOV 6 - NOV 30||NOVEMBER 8|
|DECEMBER||NOVEMBER 29||DEC 4 - DEC 15||DECEMBER 5|
ONLINE CLASS REQUIREMENTS
Internet connection (suggested DSL or higher connection as dial up will time out on videos), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader, Video player (example Window’s Media Player). You will need BASIC computer knowledge in Internet navigation, video player, Word, PDF files, and PowerPoint.
Registration required one week prior to beginning date of class. Class size limited to 30 students. If class is full student will be notified and enrolled in next available class.