As part of Southwestern Community College’s commitment to economic development, the Customized Training Program provides customized training assistance to companies within Jackson, Macon and Swain counties.
In order to receive assistance, the company must demonstrate one or more of the following criteria:
- The company is making an appreciable capital investment
- The company is deploying new technology
- The company is creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the State
…and be in one of the following industries:
- Technology Intensive (i.e., Information Technology, Life Sciences)
- Regional or National Warehousing and Distribution Centers
- Customer Support Centers
- Air Courier Services
- National Headquarters with operations outside North Carolina, and
- Civil Service employees providing technical support to US military installations located in North Carolina.
Southwestern draws on several sources to deliver professional assessment, design, and training.
- Professional, experienced trainers and consultants in a wide array of specializations.
- Equipment vendors for specialized training
- Regional trainers employed by the North Carolina Community College System have several years of experience delivering training in quality, leadership and safety.
Resources may support training assessment, instructional design, instructional costs, and training delivery for personnel involved in the direct production of goods and services. Production and technology support positions are also eligible for training support.
Full-time regular or probationary employees of qualified Customized Training companies are eligible for training delivered by the community college.
The use of Customized Training funds requires that trainees are paid by the company for all time during training hours.
The cost for an approved Customized Training Program is borne by the State of North Carolina. Southwestern is given a grant for each approved project to cover the cost of the training.
For more Information:
Director of Industry Training
828.339.4657 Toll Free (1.800.447.4091 ext. 4657)
Click here for the North Carolina Community College CTP website.