Each faculty member at Southwestern Community College . .
- Inspires students to become independent learners.
- Promotes the development of critical-thinking skills.
- Respects each student as an individual.
- Fosters a sense of cooperation and community in and out of the classroom.
- Recognizes the use of technology to enhance the teaching-learning process.
- Engages students in learning for practical use and personal growth.
- Provides an innovative and accessible educational experience.
- Demonstrates an excitement about teaching and learning.
LEARNING COLLEGE - Placing Learning First
Learning Colleges embed learning in the institutional culture as the highest priority.
As decisions are made, two basic questions are asked. These questions are:
- Does this action improve and/or expand learning?
- How do we know this action improves and/or expands learning?
From: Creating More Learning-Centered Community Colleges by Terry O’Banion