Instructions for All Divisions
- Graduates arrive no later than:
- Arts & Sciences and Early College – 10:30 am for the 11:00 am ceremony on May 13th
- Career Technologies – 1:00 pm for the 1:30 pm ceremony on May 13th
- Health Sciences – 3:30 pm for the 4:00 pm ceremony on May 13th
- Report to the 2nd floor lobby of the Balsam Center to pick up name card and line up.
- Check card carefully for errors. DO NOT LOSE CARD.
- If your name is difficult to pronounce, you should see Danell Moses to write the phonetic pronunciation on your card.
- Graduates assemble in single line on second floor of Balsam Center.
- Graduate processional will enter auditorium at the designated graduation ceremony time.
- Graduates MUST wear SCC blue gown to march – no specific dress or shoes required.
- Graduates enter from right aisle and go to the end of the first row (14 seats per row).
- Areas for graduates will be reserved – mid section.
- Remain STANDING upon entrance and through the invocation.
- The President will indicate when you should sit.
At The Conclusion of the Ceremony Diploma Presentation will be as Follows:
- The Executive Vice President for Instruction & Student Services will ask candidates to rise to present the class – he will certify you have met requirements and President will confer
- All but the front row will be seated – FRONT ROW REMAINS STANDING
- The Marshal will indicate when the first row starts to the stage
- When the Marshal indicates your row is ready, THE ENTIRE ROW STANDS together and files to the stairs at the right of the stage
- Hand your card to the Faculty Representative (you do not get the card back)
- Proceed to the Chairman of the Board who hands you a diploma cover (The actual diploma will be mailed in 6 – 8 weeks)
- Move to the President and shake hands (Photographer will take photo)
- Exit to the left of the stage, RETURN TO YOUR SEAT AND BE SEATED
- Everyone stands for the benediction and the President will indicate when students are to stand for recessional
- Graduates exit, front row first, from right aisle as platform party exits left aisle
- Exit all the way outside the auditorium to avoid a bottleneck