- Follow the steps outlined on the SCC home page under “How To Apply”.
- All students are required to meet with an academic advisor to discuss their academic plan and register for classes. During the summer months, advisors will be available on the Jackson and Macon Campuses, Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Students can check-in at Enrollment Services, call 828.339.4352, or email email@example.com to be connected with an advisor.
- New Student Orientation is REQUIRED of all new students. Sign up for the orientation.
- You will receive an acceptance letter with instructions on how to log into MySCC.
- Final Registration for Summer 2021- Thursday, May 20
- Final Registration for Fall 2021 - Friday, August 13
Pay Tuition and Fees
|Semester||Tuition Due Date|
|Summer 2021||Thursday, May 20 by noon|
|Fall 2021||Friday, August 13 by noon|
Tuition and fees must be paid at the Cashier's Office located on the first floor of the Balsam Center on the Jackson Campus, the Cashier's Office on the Macon Campus or online through MySCC (click on the Finances tab).
IMPORTANT NOTICE - If you register for classes but do not intend to enroll, you MUST drop all classes. Failure to do so could result in you being invoiced and held responsible for payment for the classes. The deadlines for 100% is the last day of registration.
Residency: If you have questions about your residency status for tuition, please contact the Admissons Office at 828.339.4352.
Class Schedule: Students may obtain a copy of their class schedule by logging in to MySCC.
ID Cards: Students must obtain their SCC ID Card at the Cashier’s Office on either campus.
SCC ID card statement:
New students are required to obtain an SCC ID Card.
If you are studying at one of our campuses you can secure your SCC ID card by visiting the Cashier’s Office on the Jackson Campus or at the Cecil Groves Center.
Online students (typically use the SCC ID card when securing off site testing facilities) can secure an SCC ID card by sending the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org via their scc student email:
· Full Name
· Student ID #
· Image of themselves (preferably with a white or off white background). Images can be of any size or shape but must clearly show the students' face, free of hats, visors or scarves.
Student ID's can only be mailed to the address currently on file. To update your address, go to: https://www.southwesterncc.edu/sites/default/files/Change%20of%20Address%20Form%2011.11.13.pdf
Each fall semester you are required to update your SCC ID card. There is no charge associated with this update.
If you lose your SCC ID card, a replacement card can be created for you. The cost of the replacement card is $5.00.
Bring a photo ID with you.
A 75% refund shall be given if the student officially withdraws from the class(es) prior to or on the official 10% point of the semester.
A $5 late registration fee will be charged to returning students enrolled in full-time curriculum programs who register after registration day, except those students who are enrolled in open laboratory programs. Registrations after the drop/add period must be approved by the appropriate dean.
Textbooks can be purchased in the SCC Bookstore. A listing of required texts and supplies is available on the bookstore’s web page
- Students will need a copy of their class schedule when purchasing books.
Class Attendance Requirements
Students are EXPECTED to attend the first day of all class meetings.
Summer 2021 Semester Classes:
Full and First Session- Monday, May 24
Second Session- Tuesday, June 22
Fall 2021 Semester Classes:
Full and First Session - Monday, August 16
Second Session - Monday, October 11
Schedule Adjustment Period
Students meet with their assigned advisors to adjustment class schedules. Tuition for ANY classes added must be PAID by the close of business on the day added.
Summer 2021 Semester:
Full & First Sessions - May 24-25
Second Session - June 22 & 23
Fall 2021 Semester:
Full Session - August 16-20
First Session - August 16-17
Second Session - October 11-12
Taking an Online Class
Your online class will be available in Moodle on the first day of the class - NOT before. Your class schedule in WebAdvisor displays the start date for each class you are enrolled. The start date can also be found in the class listing found in "Search for Sections".
Macon Campus Registration
Registration for Macon County classes will be available at the Macon Campus during the times and dates listed above.
Campus, 44 Siler Farm Road, Franklin, 828.306.7001
Books: Textbooks are available to Macon Students for pickup at the
Macon Campus Business Office. Order your books online or call the Bookstore at ext. 4223 and request that your books be sent to the Macon Campus.