Priority registration deadline for Outdoor Leadership AAS seeking students.
Prospective students wishing to attain their AAS in Outdoor Leadership need to be aware that some program classes have enrollment limits to ensure proper supervision and ratios for risk mitigation. Registration priority is granted to students using the following criteria.
To ensure placement in all required courses students need to:
• Have completed an SCC application and have it activated.
• Have submitted all of their previous college transcripts (if attended) and their high school transcript to the Registrar’s office. All transcripts need to be processed and appear in the active academic record.
• If applicable, any required placement testing be completed with scores filed in their academic record.
• Residency determination needs to be completed.
• Students must be 18 years of age before taking ODL prefix courses.
• A registration meeting (phone or in person) must occur with the ODL Program Coordinator or their designate.
• Students need to have a medical exam and be cleared by a Medical professional that they meet the technical standards of the ODL program.
Deadline for ensured placement is July 1 of the academic year for Fall Semester and November 1 for Spring Semester.
Priority Enrollment in ODL 130, 120, 125, 135, 220, 248 & 267 will be given to students who meet the above criteria. If spaces in the classes still exist past the deadlines, they will be filled with applicants in the following order.
1. AAS seeking students with previous degrees or significant transferred college credit
2. New AAS students without previous college credit
3. Certificate seeking students (Wilderness Therapy, Outdoor Leadership, Wilderness Emergency Medicine)
4. Non-ODL majors, special credit students
If any of the priority enrollment courses are full, the student will be placed on the waitlist. Students are still able to register for the other Outdoor Leadership classes and other courses required for the degree.