IN-SERVICE Training Requirements from the NC Criminal Justice and Sheriffs' Education and Training Standards Commission: The In-service NC law enforcement officer training requirements, as outlined in the NC Administrative Code, requires that every police officer certified by the NC Criminal Justice and Training Standards Commission and deputy sheriff certified by NC Sheriff Education and Training Standards Commission complete at a minimum, 24-credits of in-service training annually. The topics for this requirement are outlined in the Code and include but are not limited to the classes listed below for 2020. SCC will work with all agencies to meet these training requirements in traditional seat-based classes or online delivery. Please call Mitch Boudrot at the PSTC, 828.306.7043 for additional information:
- Check website for Begin dates for Detention training.
- For a complete list of classes being offered and additional information, contact Mitch Boudrot at 828.306.7043 or email@example.com.
Law Enforcement In-service Training classes being offered online & seat based:
|2022 Mandated LEO Topics|
|2022 Practicing Proactive Wellness||2 credits|
|2022 Legal Update||4 credits|
|2022 Firearms Training - Qualification and Non-Qualification (online)||4/2 credits|
|2022 Ethics: Preempting Misconduct and Increasing Integrity||2 credits|
|2022 Domestic Violence: The Psychology of Whether to Stay or Go||2 credits|
|2022 Creating a Safety Net||2 credits|
|2022 Optional LEO Topics|
|2022 Incorporating a Co-response: Partnering with Community Professionals||2 credits|
|2022 Raising the Bar: Enhancing Community Engagement||2 credits|
|2022 Subversive Groups: Maneuvering Encounters with Fringe Groups||2 credits|
|2022 Hazardous Materials||2 credits|
|2022 Bloodborne Pathogens||2 credits|
|2022 The Process of De-escalation: Listening, Talking, & Defensive Tactics||4 credits|
- To register for Class(es), please follow the directions located in the "Online Class Registration Instructions" section located below
- All dates for registration, class posting and closing of class can be found below.
- You will receive an email the week prior to the start of the class with instructions on how to login to your class and changes for 2021 (READ THIS CAREFULLY & FULLY). If you do not receive this email by Friday prior to the start date of class then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with email so that your email can be verified.
- Class will open on the morning of the start date.
- You must login and take a Baseline Assessment on each class you registered for by 11:59 p.m. on the 2nd last day of the course.
- You will then have until the close of class to complete your work.
- Password changes - please call the helpdesk at 828-339-4409 or send an email to email@example.com.
Online Class Registration Instructions:
Below are the links to each month's form. You will need to click on the month that you wish to take classes - fill out the form - make sure you click on the agree checkbox at the bottom - submit.
Once you have submitted you will get a pop up that tells you it has been submitted. You will receive an email the week prior to class start with login information. Please take that week to make sure you can login. If you have issues please contact Lynn Cousins that week to help resolve the issue of login. You will receive a second email on Monday once the classes are ready for you to begin. As stated above you must login and take the BASELINE assessment on EACH of the classes you have signed up for before 11:59 p.m.. on the 2nd last day of class. Once these assessments are completed you will have to the end of class date to complete your class work. If you have any issues or the registration date for the month of your desired courses has passed please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Click on MONTH below for REGISTRATION FORM||REGISTRATION DEADLINE||CLASS RUN DATES|
|JANUARY||JAN 13||JAN 17 - JAN 31|
|MARCH||MARCH 3||MAR 7 - MAR 31|
|APRIL||MARCH 26||ARP 4- APR 29|
|MAY||APRIL 26||MAY 2 - MAY 27|
|JUNE||MAY 26||JUN 6 - JUN 30|
|JULY||JUNE 26||JUL 5 - JUL 29|
|AUGUST||JULY 26||AUG 1 - AUG 26|
|SEPTEMBER||AUGUST 26||SEP 6 - SEP 30|
|OCTOBER||SEPTEMBER 26||OCT 3 - OCT 28|
|NOVEMBER||OCTOBER 26||NOV 7 - NOV 28|
|DECEMBER||NOVEMBER 26||DEC 1 - DEC 19|
|Law Enforcement In-Service Training|
|More Career Resources|
ONLINE CLASS REQUIREMENTS
Internet connection (suggested DSL or higher connection as dial-up will time out on videos), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader, Video player (example Window’s Media Player). You will need BASIC computer knowledge in Internet navigation, video player, Word, PDF files, and PowerPoint.