IN-SERVICE Training Requirements from the NC Criminal Justice and Sheriffs' Education and Training Standards Commission: The In-service NC law enforcement officer training requirements, as outlined in the NC Administrative Code, requires that every police officer certified by the NC Criminal Justice and Training Standards Commission and deputy sheriff certified by NC Sheriff Education and Training Standards Commission complete 24-hours of in-service training annually. The topics for this requirement are outlined in the Code and include but are not limited to the classes listed below for 2015. SCC will work with all agencies to meet these training requirements in traditional seat-based class or online delivery. Please call Mark Welch at the PSTC, 828.306.7052 for additional information:
NEW ONLINE FOR 2016: Detention Officer In-service Training
- Check web site for Begin dates for 2016 Detention training.
- For a complete list of classes being offered and additional information Click Here.
Law Enforcement In-service Training classes being offered in 2015 online & seat base:
COMING SOON 2016 LIST OF LEO IN-SERVICE TO BE OFFERED!
The mandated in-service training topics for 2015:
|Mandated LEO In-Service Training Topics for 2015|
|2015 Firearms Training & Qualification (Not available online)||6 hrs|
|2015 Firearms Training Classroom (Available online)||2 hrs|
|2015 Firearms Qualification Range (Not available online)||4 hrs|
|2015 Domestic Violence: Teen Dating Violence||2 hrs|
|2015 JMST: a Juvenile - What does it have to do with me?||2 hrs|
|2015 Legal Update||4 hrs|
|Optional LEO In-Service Topics 2015|
|2015 Active Shooter||2 hrs|
|2015 Bloodborne Pathogens||2 hrs|
|2015 Emotional Survival||2 hrs|
|2015 HazMat||2 hrs|
|2015 LE Intelligence Update||2 hrs|
|2015 Missing & Abducted Children||2 hrs|
|2015 Officer Safety: Use of Force Overview||4 hrs|
|2015 Public Safety: Storm Spotting||2 hrs|
2015 ONLINE Instructions:
- Register for Class you wish to take following directions in the Registration Instructions section below.
- Classes start the first Monday of March - November
- All dates for registration, class posting and closing of class can be found below.
- Complete list of 2015 Class schedules Click Here
- You will receive an email on Friday prior to the start of the class with instructions on how to login to your class and changes for 2015 (READ THIS CAREFULLY & FULLY). If you do not receive this email then please contact pbell[at]southwesterncc[dot]edu with email so that your email can be verified.
- Class will open on Monday morning.
- You must login and take a Baseline Assessment on each class you registered for by 11:55 p.m. on the Wednesday following the opening of the class.
- You will then have until the close of class to complete your work.
- Discussion question posting will close 2 days prior to the end of class (NEW for 2015)
- All Password changes for the online system must be requested by email to: pbell[at]southwesterncc[dot]edu
2015 "NEW" Online Class Registration Instructions:
We have moved back to the previous registration format for the remainder of this year. Below is the links to each months form. You will need to click on the month that you wish to take classes - fill out the form - make sure you click on the agree check box at the bottom - submit.
Once you have submitted you will get a pop up that tells you it has been submitted. You will receive an email from us on Friday prior to class start with login information. Please take that weekend to make sure you can login. If you have issues please contact Pam Bell on Monday. You will receive a second email on Monday once the classes are ready for you to begin. As stated above you must login and take the BASELINE assessment on EACH of the classes you have signed up for before 11:55 on Wednesday following the start of class. Once these assessments are completed you will have to the end of class date to complete your class work. Please contact Pam Bell if you have issues (828.306.7044) or pbell[at]southwesterncc[dot]edu
CLOSED - September Registration (click here) - Registration closes 9/3/2015
CLOSED - October Registration (click here) - Registration closes 10/1/2015
CLOSED - November Registration (click here) - Registration closes 10/29/2015
CLOSED - December Registration (click here) - Registration closes 12/3/2015
**Please note this is a short session of the online classes. This class will only run from 12/4/2015 - 12/17/2015. This will be the last chance to take the 2015 In-service online with us.
ONLINE CLASS REQUIREMENTS
Internet connection (suggested DSL or higher connection as dial up will time out on videos), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader, Video player (example Window’s Media Player). You will need BASIC computer knowledge in Internet navigation, video player, Word, PDF files, and PowerPoint.
Registration required one week prior to beginning date of class. Class size limited to 30 students. If class is full student will be notified and enrolled in next available class.