IN-SERVICE Training Requirements from the NC Criminal Justice and Sheriffs' Education and Training Standards Commission: The In-service NC law enforcement officer training requirements, as outlined in the NC Administrative Code, requires that every police officer certified by the NC Criminal Justice and Training Standards Commission and deputy sheriff certified by NC Sheriff Education and Training Standards Commission complete at a minimum, 24-credits of in-service training annually. The topics for this requirement are outlined in the Code and include but are not limited to the classes listed below for 2020. SCC will work with all agencies to meet these training requirements in traditional seat-based classes or online delivery. Please call Mitch Boudrot at the PSTC, 828.306.7043 for additional information:
- Check website for Begin dates for Detention training.
- For a complete list of classes being offered and additional information, contact Mitch Boudrot at 828.306.7043 or email@example.com.
Law Enforcement In-service Training classes being offered online & seat based:
|2021 Legal Update|
|2021 Legal Update||4 credits|
|2021 Firearms Training - Qualification and Non-Qualification (online)||4/2 credits|
|2021 Continue to Make a Difference: Positive Engagement Stories and Studies||2 credits|
|2021 School Safety and Responding to School Incidents||4 credits|
|Optional LEO In-Service Topics 2021|
|2021 Hazardous Materials||2 credits|
|2021 Bloodborne Pathogens||2 credits|
|Officer Awareness: Responding to Victims of Trauma||4 credits|
|Patrol Vehicle Operations||4 credits|
|Hemp Industry: Overview and Officer Roles||2 credits|
|Physical and Mental Wellness: Building and Implementing a Plan for Improvement||2 credits|
- To register for Class(es), please follow the directions located in the "Online Class Registration Instructions" section located below
- All dates for registration, class posting and closing of class can be found below.
- You will receive an email the week prior to the start of the class with instructions on how to login to your class and changes for 2021 (READ THIS CAREFULLY & FULLY). If you do not receive this email by Friday prior to the start date of class then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with email so that your email can be verified.
- Class will open on the morning of the start date.
- You must login and take a Baseline Assessment on each class you registered for by 11:59 p.m. on the 2nd last day of the course.
- You will then have until the close of class to complete your work.
- Password changes - please call the helpdesk at 828-339-4409 or send an email to email@example.com.
Online Class Registration Instructions:
Below are the links to each month's form. You will need to click on the month that you wish to take classes - fill out the form - make sure you click on the agree checkbox at the bottom - submit.
Once you have submitted you will get a pop up that tells you it has been submitted. You will receive an email the week prior to class start with login information. Please take that week to make sure you can login. If you have issues please contact Lynn Cousins that week to help resolve the issue of login. You will receive a second email on Monday once the classes are ready for you to begin. As stated above you must login and take the BASELINE assessment on EACH of the classes you have signed up for before 11:59 p.m.. on the 2nd last day of class. Once these assessments are completed you will have to the end of class date to complete your class work. If you have any issues or the registration date for the month of your desired courses has passed please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Click on MONTH below for REGISTRATION FORM||REGISTRATION DEADLINE||CLASS RUN DATES|
|MARCH||FEBRUARY 26||MAR 1 - MAR 31|
|APRIL||MARCH 26||ARP 1- APR 30|
|MAY||APRIL 26||MAY 1 - MAY 28|
|JUNE||MAY 26||JUN 1 - JUN 30|
|JULY||JUNE 26||JUL 1 - JUL 30|
|AUGUST||JULY 26||AUG 2 - AUG 31|
|SEPTEMBER||AUGUST 26||SEP 1 - SEP 30|
|OCTOBER||SEPTEMBER 26||OCT 1 - OCT 29|
|NOVEMBER||OCTOBER 26||NOV 1 - NOV 30|
|DECEMBER||NOVEMBER 26||DEC 1 - DEC 20|
|Law Enforcement In-Service Training|
|More Career Resources|
ONLINE CLASS REQUIREMENTS
Internet connection (suggested DSL or higher connection as dial-up will time out on videos), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader, Video player (example Window’s Media Player). You will need BASIC computer knowledge in Internet navigation, video player, Word, PDF files, and PowerPoint.
Registration required one week prior to the beginning date of the class. If the class is full, you will be notified and arrangements made to meet your needs to the best of our ability.