The purposes of this organization are:
- To promote excellence in education.
- To support the vision and mission of the college.
- To provide academic leadership.
- To provide a forum to discuss institutional issues.
- To promote better communication within the college community.
- To hear the views of all faculty.
- To be an accountable voice in the decision-making process.
A faculty member is defined as a college employee whose contract with the college is for full-time teaching duties. Membership of faculty senate shall be comprised of elected senators from each academic division.