The Student Emergency Fund was created by the SCC Foundation to assist SCC students who encounter an unforeseen financial emergency which would otherwise prevent them from continuing their education at SCC. These funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses or as a consistent supplement to a student’s education funding sources. This funding is only available during the semester the student is enrolled and the emergency occurs. Requests must be urgent in nature.
Consideration will only be given to applicants that have experienced an unforeseen financial emergency. Examples include:
- Significant uncovered medical expenses for necessary treatment related to self, spouse or child;
- Transportation issues;
- Critical past due housing or utility expenses; or
- Unfunded educational expense
To be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Have already successfully completed 12 credits at SCC;
- Be registered for at least six (6) credits in the semester when the emergency funds would be applied;
- Be able to demonstrate his/her current financial need with supporting documentation;
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and 67% satisfactory completion rate and be in good standing; i.e., not on any disciplinary sanctions; and
- Have applied for Financial Aid by completing and submitting a FAFSA for this academic year.
The Student Emergency Fund will award up to $250 per student. These funds will not be awarded to the same student in consecutive semesters. Students are strongly encouraged to repay their award in order to help additional students in the future.
- SCC Faculty or Staff Member contact Foundation office to request application. A Google Form application will be sent to the SCC Faculty or Staff Member and the student.
- Student completes the Request for Student Emergency Fund application;
- Student Information section is to be completed by the student;
- Recommendation section to be completed by a SCC Faculty or Staff Member;
- SCC Faculty or Staff Member submits application electronically to Foundation;
- Application is reviewed by the Committee.
- Student will be notified of the committee's decision and arrangements will be made for the support of the student. The committee will attempt to review and respond to all requests in a timely manner.
How Is the Student Emergency Fund Supported?
The Student Emergency Fund is completely supported through donations to the SCC Foundation. If you are interested, there are three easy ways you can give to support the Fund:
- If you are an SCC employee, sign up for a payroll deduction and check the box to support the Student Emergency Fund.
- Make check payable to SCC Foundation and write Student Emergency Fund in the memo line.
- Make an online donation and select Student Emergency Fund.