Proctoring exams is a valuable service that Jackson and Macon staff offer SCC faculty members and SCC students. Instructors of Web-Centered and Hybrid courses email completed proctoring sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org with confidence that their students will take online tests in a comfortable, quiet, monitored environment.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
- Call 828.339.4325 or email email@example.com to schedule a testing appointment on the Jackson Campus. Call 828.306.7028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule on the Macon Campus.
- Non-SCC students who need exam proctoring should call 828.339.4332.
- You MUST show a photo I.D. in order to test.
- You need to check in on the kiosk with your MySCC username and password. Often, you will use this information to test in Moodle.
- Ensure that you also have login information for exams taken in other software.
- Leave in your vehicle items that are not allowed—such as cell phone, headphones, ear plugs, electronic wrist watches, etc. Otherwise, they will be secured in a locker.
- The “white noise machine” in the Testing Room is turned on to reduce distractions for all test-takers.
- Scratch paper is collected, attached to each completed sign-in sheet, and sent to the instructor.
You must allow enough time to complete an exam before the centers close.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INSTRUCTORS
- Students must email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of one week ahead to make appointments, for the Testing Room is shared with individuals taking High School Equivalency and other College and Career Readiness exams.
- A completed Exam Proctoring Information Sheet must be in your proctoring file at least 24 hours before students arrive to test in order to resolve any issues.
- Instructors must allow students at least a week to take proctored exams, to avoid overloading staff.
- Please remind students that NO exam will be proctored without a photo I.D. Also, they need to bring materials allowed during testing, including log-in information.
- Exam Proctoring is provided to Hybrid and Online courses; however, the occasional online makeup exam for Web-Supported and Traditional classes may be accommodated based on availability. Please call or email the appropriate Coordinator to discuss specifics.
- If you wish to extend the end date of the exam window, email email@example.com or call the Jackson Coordinator at 828.339.4325 and the Macon Coordinator at 828.306.7028 twenty-four hours in advance. Otherwise, after a deadline has passed, the Exam Proctoring Information Sheet will be removed from your proctoring file.
- If a testing student is observed to be using internet sites not permitted, the staff member will give the student a warning that it is up to the instructor whether or not the exam will be accepted and then will add the information in the “Comments” section of the sign-in sheet, which will be sent to you. Also, he/she will alert the Coordinator, who, in turn, will contact you. If you wish, the Coordinator may request video footage from IT.