Southwestern Community College has received a $204,976 grant from the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund to be for student scholarships enrolled in short-term training courses.
These funds are made available as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
The scholarships can be used to cover tuition, fees, books, supplies, credential testing, transportation, childcare, and other components of the total cost of attendance.
The following career academies are among the approved workforce development pathways that may be eligible to receive the GEER Scholarship:
- Basic Law Enforcement Training
- Computer Technician
- CNA I & CNA II (Nurse Aide)
- Electronic Health Records Office Professional
- Emergency Medical Technician - Basic & Intermediate
- Medical Coding
- Medical Transcription
- National Park Service - Park Ranger Law Enforcement Academy
- Online Medical Coding/Billing
- Pharmacy Tech class
- Therapeutic Massage
Students must reside in North Carolina and be enrolled in a pathway for 96 or more hours of training that leads to a state or industry-recognized credential.
Contact Latresa Shuler (828.339.4425 or email@example.com) for more information.