Students, alumni, and community members may use the following tools to create and improve their resume, search for jobs, network, practice interviewing, and find employment.
Resume and Cover Letter writing:
- The Resume Writing page has resources to help you get started on your resume. We encourage you to utilize our resume examples that we have included in a Google Drive to assist you in getting started prior to meeting one-on-one with a career counselor.
- The Cover Letter page walks you through the purpose of a cover letter and how to write your very own. A career counselor would be happy to proofread and offer suggestions to improve your cover letter for a specific job application. Refer to these cover letter examples to assist you in the writing process.
Other Tools for a successful Job Search:
- Career Seminars, Programs, and Hiring Events include topics like resume and interview preparation, as well as Job Fairs we host throughout the year.
- The SCC Job Board is where you can find jobs posted by our local employers, search employers by region and county, and upload your resume.
- Big Interview is our interview software that can assist you with preparing for any job, scholarship, or college admissions interview.
- LinkedIn Job Search and Networking is a great way to connect with SCC alumni and employers in the area.