Ordering Supplies/Equipment or Services
1. Find the best price:
- Check State Contract Prices in the eProcurement catalog or by contacting vendors listed in the state contracts. The following sites list state contracts with details about each.
- Contact the IT helpdesk if your purchase is computer or printer related. (828)339-4409; email@example.com
- Contact Correction Enterprises first for furniture purchases. Request a quote from them. They will email you a waiver if they do not have what you need. https://www.correctionenterprises.com/
- Call other vendors for prices. You can search for vendors registered in eProcurement here: https://vendor.ncgov.com/vendor/public-vendor-search?execution=e1s1
2. Place your order through eProcurement.
3. Documentation needed: (for orders not on state contracts)
- $1-$10,000: at least 2 informal quotes recommended; at least 1 quote should be attached or referenced on the purchase order.
- $10,000-$25,000: 2 vendor quotes required; please attach to order.
- $25,000-$50,000: Informal Bidding Required, contact purchasing office @ x4464
- Over $50,000: Formal Bidding Required, contact purchasing office @ x4464
Things to keep in mind:
- The documentation needed amounts are based on the total amount spent, for example, a total of $12,000 spent on 20 picnic tables requires 2 vendor quotes.
- Bidding or multiple quotes are not required if an item is on state contract.
- You may not break up orders to reduce the requirements.
- Some state contracts are mandatory, please check the state contract links listed above for specifics about each one. If you would like to purchase an item that is on a mandatory state contract from a different vendor please contact the purchasing office.
If the vendor with the best price is not registered with eProcurement.
1. If you’d like to use this vendor for future purchases please have them register for eProcurement. Vendor registration is online at https://vendor.ncgov.com/vendor/login Please contact the purchasing office for more information.
2. If your purchase is under the Pcard one time purchasing limit of $2,500; you may use a Pcard for your purchase.
3. If the vendor is willing to deliver without a purchase order you may use a paper requisition with an invoice. Please ensure that all required documentation is attached to the requisition.
After your eProcurement order is placed:
1. You will receive a copy of your purchase order from the purchasing office, usually emailed. This is for your information in case you need to contact the vendor for updates or a return. The purchase order number used as a reference number starts with SWCCP00…
2. Your order will be delivered to Shipping/Receiving in the Facilities Maintenance Building on the Jackson campus. It will be delivered to your office by the Shipping or Mail Clerk unless you’ve specified other arrangements.
3. Your order will be paid after it is received. If you receive any invoices via email from the vendor please forward them to the Purchasing Office or Accounts Payable.
4. If your order needs to be returned, please contact the vendor to arrange a return and let the purchasing office know ASAP. Send or drop your return by the Shipping/Receiving Office and it will be mailed back for you. Please include any RMA, return numbers, etc., given to you by the vendor. We will hold the payment until the return is resolved.
Call Suzanne Vincent, Coordinator of Procurement at 828.339.4464
Contact the E-Procurement help desk at 888.211.7440